2/18/2010

Nu Shooz - "I Can't Wait"

so in case you were wondering, and you probably weren't, it's impossible to find a (legal) MP3 of the 80s song "I Can't Wait" by Nu Shooz.

Nu Shooz are a duo from Portland, Oregon and had a few hits back in the day, including "I Can't Wait." As for the name, I guess spelling things with Z's back then was cool -- just ask Split Enz.

I heard the song on a commercial and remembered it from somewhere, maybe my childhood. Shazam for my iPhone didn't figure out what it was, but after some Googling I found it. It's kind of an awesome song -- super 80s but charmingly so, with tons of synthesizers, samples, and an electronic pseudo-voice going "oh oh oh ohohoh." Then I wanted to download it but had no luck at all.

The band recently put out an unplugged album with a bunch of different jazzy versions, and I can find tons of karaoke ones on Amazon, but not the real one. Stinks. Here's the video.


Nu Shooz - I Can't Wait
Uploaded by hushhush112. - See the latest featured music videos.

No comments:

Cool shirts, hats and sweatshirts from Shirtgood!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram